TELSTRA BUILDING ADELAIDE
Located in Adelaide CBD this multi-story building required numerous repairs across all building elements of an aging façade with roof-top parapet wall. The repairs conducted required sourcing of local materials to match a unique 40-year-old pebble façade and executing these works to blend the old with the new. Custom made solutions such as anodized aluminium window seal flashings and aluminum composite cladding to the parapet wall were designed, sourced and installed using a variety of access methods.
Magellan’s project managers worked and coordinated with key stakeholders including Telstra, Broadspectrum and external engineers, liaising with interstate consultants to solve complex issues on site. Magellan worked with structural façade engineers to solve a range of issues arising from the roof’s capacity to withstand certain loads and structures, redesigning access methods to accommodate parapet wall structures, and the designing of new application methods in consultation with manufacturers of existing products for successful delivery of this project.
The specific components of the project were:
- Treatment of concrete spalling reinstatement of precast concrete panels.
- Reinstatement of the façades unique pebble façade in colour and texture.
- Epoxy resin cracks injection.
- Repinning of precast concrete panels
- Custom made window sill flashing installed for the entire perimeter.
- Stabilisation and structural remediation of the parapet wall.
- Design and installation of aluminum composite cladding to the parapet wall for encapsulation of unique façade profile.
- Detailed reports provided for each stage of works to all stakeholders,
- Coordination of various trades and suppliers with strict adherence to Telstra site procedures.
- Ensuring efficient operations to adhere to committed timeline scheduling for delivery of the project.
- Achieving sign off from stakeholders and consultants across all procedures, work methods, materials and workmanship at every stage.