19A BOUNDARY STREET RUSHCUTTERS BAY
This industrial complex was converted to commercial office suites. A combination of existing waterproofing issues, Lack of ongoing maintenance and age of the building has resulted in a variety of issues that needed to be addressed.
Surface cracking was identified as being a major issue at the front corner of the building requiring a complete dismantling of the brickwork, installation of new expansion ties and relaying of the brickwork, keyed with the corner and to form an new control joint that would prevent cracking in the future.
The specific components of the project were;
- Treatment of concrete spalling.
- Brick lintel replacement
- Brick wall reconstruction
- Steel Window frame removal and restoration
- Water ingress issues identified and solved.
- Forming new control joints and rectifying poorly constructed masonry walls.
- Polyurethane sealants to rendered walls and window frames
- Application of a new membrane paint coating.