PROMONTORY APARTMENTS POINT STREET PYRMONT
Inspection of balustrades showed widespread failed and peeling paint due to poor application of the original coating. The majority of balustrades suffered corrosion, requiring full treatment and repainting with specialized industrial epoxy coatings. Over 1100 posts required cleaning and rust removal and preparation for painting. Application of two pack epoxy primer was applied, Two coats of metal protection coating to meet the manufacturers specifications followed by a colored two pack epoxy top coat.
The specific components of the project were;
- Removal of defective coatings back to bare steel.
- Clean and preparation of balustrades from all corrosion.
- Application of two pack epoxy industrial strength protective coating.
- 4 Coat paint system applied to exacting standards and film thickness
- Continued testing of treated areas with digital equipment ensuring a high standard of workmanship was maintained.
- Application of colored two pack epoxy paint as selected by the client.