FAÇADE CLADDING WALKER STREET, NORTH SYDNEY
The owners of Strata Plan 50411 engaged Magellan to carry out the removal of the entire tiled façade to each elevation and install a new aluminum composite façade to give the building a new modern look. Magellan’s team worked closely with the local council, external engineers and the client to deliver this brilliant transformation.
Additional works were required to treat and rectify widespread concrete spalling affecting the structural columns. This required special handling and monitoring to ensure asbestos materials contained within the building structure was not disturbed
The specific components of the project were;
- Removal of the tiled outer façade and bedding material to each facade
- Removal of concrete spalling
- Treatment of exposed steel reinforcement to engineers standards
- Reinstatement of over 8000 litres of concrete to the façade
- Installation of aluminum composite cladding to each elevation from the ground up.
- Additional works required to reattach the full height glazing panels to the façade
- Reforming the front entrance with new planter box and tiled to match the existing travertine
- Rejuvenation and restoration of the existing floor tiles to foyer entrance with new grouting sealer