NAUTILUS APARTMENTS - PITTWATER ROAD, DEE WHY
This six-floor apartment block required a full façade repaint after 15 years. Large amounts of defective render were removed exposing incidents of concrete cancer. Long-term water ingress issues were addressed by installing control joints and polyurethane sealants. All surfaces were primed ready for the application of a three-part membrane paint system.
The specific components of the project were;
- Treatment of concrete spalling.
- Water ingress issues identified and solved.
- Installation of new control joints rectifying poorly installed expansion joints in construction.
- Concrete spalling treatment
- Installation of weep holes
- Polyurethane sealants to window frames
- Localised roof-top areas for waterproofing
- Application of a new three-part membrane system.